Tuesday 24 April 2012

Enjoying Quiet Moment

I was lounging at the corner of our L-shape leather sofa, reading one of the books I bought over the weekend. The mini stories attracted me so much that I never really bother about the television noise and laughter from my husband.

My husband was relaxing at another corner enjoying the Taiwan variety broadcast, laughing at the silly acts and jokes, being happy and contented with what he was watching. I bet he felt much more relax after a day of hard work.

Commercial break, he stood up and decided to wash the plates we used for dinner (I cook and he washed, that’s the routine), and suddenly he realised something and spoke…

“Mao, I really like this feeling, you reading your book, and me watching the television, both enjoying our own activities, relaxing after a busy day, in the comfort of our home.”

I looked up from my book, absorbed what he said, and realised that’s true. What he said made me realise life as a married couples tend to be not as romantic as courtship days, but that doesn’t mean love is gone. We still enjoy each other company, but in a different way. We still love each other, but instead of showing affection, our love mature to thinking for each other and being contented by having each other by our side, having small talks, debate on our views on issues, and even laugh at each other.

This is the man I know for ten years, married for five, but every now and then my heart still beats wildly for him. We quarrel, we fight, and we even have had bad memories that I am still so affected till now, but he is just someone I can’t live without. Sometimes I wonder, what in me can attract this guy to be with me for life.

I smile my silly smile and stick out my tongue before I rush him to wash up those plates because his show is starting, while I continue reading the book.

Ah, this is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment