Thursday 17 May 2012

Planting

I am reading up on planting, not to beautify my home environment (though I will love to do so too), but more on planting herbs and vegetables for cooking.

I wrote down a list of plants that I think can adapt to our climate and the small space I have in my small flat. It will be potted as I have no balcony, patio or garden. I wanted to try my hands on cherry tomatoes, coriander, spring onions and mint leaves.

For a start, let’s not be too adventurous, and having failed terribly in planting previously, I just need to start off by cultivating green fingers. So, the easiest from the list, mint leaves, shall be my first start off. I read that it’s the easiest to thrive and my uncle has two large pots along the corridor, which I can cut some for propagating.

Need to get a good draining pot and dish, and soil. I’m thinking of putting my plants in the spare room since that area has more sun as compared to my dim kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment