Tuesday 1 May 2012

Cooking and Baking Accessories

My husband is a darling. He drove me around on Sunday afternoon to cook ware and bake ware shops I wanted to visit.

First, we went down to Tott at Dunearn Road, we missed the first turn and had to do u-turns. I’m glad Sunday is a free parking day, because we spent hours strolling in the shop. There are just so many cook and bake ware in the one-stop shop that I can’t stop myself from fantasizing the change I can made to my kitchen. They conduct cooking and baking classes too!

Bought the 12-pieces piping nozzle at only $12, a silicon pot holder at $7.50, and a finger protector at $4.50. The finger protector is not comfortable to use, mainly because I tried it when I’m slicing onion, its round and the protector is more for flat food. My husband just finds it useful to protect the accident prone me, so besides the silicon pot holder, he asked me to buy the finger protector, which I think it’s redundant.

Next, we head down to Lemon Zest (was Pantry Magic) at Jalan Merah Saga, one of lanes along Holland Village. The shop is small and full of things. We saw identical items selling at Tott too, and the prices at Tott are actually cheaper. But one thing caught my eyes, the organic vanilla essence, selling at $26. I did not buy, but I think I will go back and get it one day.

Just few units away, there’s a Shermay’s Cooking School, where there are classes conducted on cooking and baking. They also have a very small area selling baking accessories, but not that unique that will make me shop in. I just browse through and left the shop in perhaps five minutes.

Eventful Sunday afternoon, spent shopping around these places. I keep admiring my 12-pieces piping nozzles when I’m home, happy with my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment